Job Responsibilities: Finance Intern, Canada
Salary: 39000 Per Year
Company: Neuron Mobility
Location: Remote CA
Educational requirements: Graduate
The neuron is the leading shared micromobility operator in Australia and New Zealand and the company has also expanded into the United Kingdom and most recently Canada. We partner with cities to connect people and places in a safe convenient and fun way. We are driven to help the world build a more prosperous and sustainable future through new ways of moving and connecting.
Neuron launched the world’s first docked e-scooter in Singapore in 2016 and the first shared e-scooter program in 2017. We develop our own industry-leading e-scooters which are purpose-built for sharing and safety. We also set the industry standard for technology that manages them. Neuron has launched an impressive range of world firsts particularly when it comes to safety. Recently we successfully launched four cities in Canada and currently operate in seventeen cities across Australia and New Zealand three in the United Kingdom.
You will be part of a fast-growing tight-knit Finance team and get hands-on operating experience. You will support financial operations for Neuron’s markets collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders execute internal projects and learn and grow quickly. You will be working closely and reporting to the Finance Lead & Admin in Canada
What You’ll Do:
- Accurate and timely processing of vendor creation and invoices
- Reconcile vendor monthly statements
- Validate transactions to comply with financial policies and procedures
- Liaise with relevant internal and/or external stakeholders
- Review of Petty Cash Reports
- Perform other related ad-hoc duties (e.g. accounts payable and claims project) as assigned
What You’ll Need:
- Second Year undergraduate in Accountancy Finance or related disciplines.
- No Experience is required as this is an entry-level internship.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- A team player with good organizational skills and an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Able to work independently and open to working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google sheets.
Other Job Details:
- This is a remote position in Calgary Alberta. May need to visit the Calgary office/warehouse for orientation and on occasions when necessary.
- This will be a part-time position that will require a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- Minimum 6 months between March 2022 to Dec 2022.
Make It Happen
Drive to deliver results with the highest impact and be committed to following through. Continuously optimize through collaboration to achieve the best collective outcomes.
Take active steps and be the driver to improve things for yourself your team and the cities we serve. Relish the chance if this leads you outside your normal scope.
Trust Facts Over Opinion
Decisions should be evidence-based. Assess situations fairly using reason and logic rather than unverified opinions wherever possible.
Ask questions challenge assumptions learn from mistakes and be ready to leave behind what you thought you knew before.